Strawberry questions

Here is my goal- I would like to sell strawberries this summer at local farmers markets. I enjoy gardening and being outdoors, but I do have a few questions.

(1) If I try to get a crop of strawberries the first year I have my plants, will that harm future strawberry plant production? (2) What can I do to boost my first year strawberry crop? Would potting soil and liberal fertilizer use help? (3) Space is not an issue, I have several acres I can utilize. What would be the best way to plant about 400 strawberry plants?

I live in Louisville Kentucky.

Thanks David B

Reply to
David Bunch