Seedless Watermelon pollination

    Can the pollinator for seedless watermelons be any seeded watermelon? How about cantaloupe? cucumber?
I was told that watermelons are able to pollinate them selves. They get male and female flowers, and bees/bugs do it for you. I got tired of waiting so I used a "q" tip a couple of times. I had melons, but I dont know if it was me or nature that got them to come on.
Dwayne

pollination. When I've bought these seeds the packet always contains both the seedless and seeded varieties.

buy seeds from a supplier to commercial growers, the packet will contain a afew of a seeded cultivar. It has to be a watermelon, cantaloupes, cukes etc don't work.