Redcurrent Bushes

Hi there, I am new here and a fairly new own produce gardener. I planted a redcurrent bush last year, against the wall of my house which is west facing. I had no flowers and no fruit last year but kind of expected that. but this year again no flowers, so I bought another redcurrent thinking it may need 2 to pollenate each other but still nothing. what am I doing wrong. Its lovely and healthy, lovely green leaves just no flowers. thank you
--
siddles

siddles said:

They are self-fruitful, but the western exposure is far from optimal. They would do much better in an eastern exposure with morning sun and afternoon shade, or with shade through the warmest part of the day. My red currant bore fruit the second year and is located in a spot with morning sun.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."