Re: Tales of a novice gardener

wrote:

Build a fence around the twins! Gads, the damage done by squirrels, deer, rabbits, and birds pales in comparison. Any chance of getting them interested in the magic of growing plants (and the joys of *completely ripe* fruits and veg)?
My 'compost surprise' this year is several healthy-looking potato plants. I doubt there'll be much production, as it's quite late in the season. Cantaloupe *does* seem to love a compost pile.

foods
had
corn
way.
the
Ah-ha!
few
Good idea! Last year wasn't as bad, though they did pick tomatoes. I thought, surely they'll not do this kind of damage when they're older. I was wrong.
Gads, the damage done by squirrels,

They love helping me plant things. Sometimes I regret showing them how though, since they dug up a bunch of marigolds that were in my garden and transplanted them to another area.

My mom always had volunteer plants growing in her garden. I guess it's just kind of a nice surprise if you get something that actually produces.
Leslie
too funny! thanks for the chuckle.
mixter

had