Peach twins/doubles thinning question

My hale haven peach tree has more "twins" this year than I have ever seen before on any tree. Fully 1/3 of all the peaches on the tree are twins. However, the number of total fruit set is fairly low, but that's ok since this is its second full year. Evidently the fruit doubling was caused by the very high temperatures and drought last summer.

I've read online that these doubled fruits tend to become nothing more than pits and skin.

My question is this: does it help at all to remove one of the two fruits, or does this have no effect on the end results? I would rather not thin things out if I can help it, but I'm not sure if leaving just one fruit where two are will do anything. I'm sure that the plant can support all of the fruit it has on there (about two dozen), but I'm not sure if the twinned fruits can be redeemed in any way. (can't seem to find any info about that online)

Thanks!

Reply to
Ohioguy