Re: Hello Everybody !

I've been lurking here for a while - though I was pretty active in

> this group in the mid to late 90's. > > I'm Zone 6b in SE Pa, between the Amish and Philadelphia in the > Brandywine Valley, and grow just about anything that grows here, and > some things that do not (like lemongrass and Bay in containers) ..... > > Why now ?? First (full sized) tomato of the year yesterday - a Yellow > Brandywine, and my, was it delicious !

Got my first taste of a ripe Mortgage Lifter this past week (planted from seed on April 19). Although their shape is far from uniform, these are HUGE tomatoes ... out of 9 tomatoes I picked, I think there is one that is under

4" diameter and one just slightly over 5". I don't know how good of a juice / sauce tomato these are, but I am sure getting ready to find out!

BIll

Reply to
Noydb