Re(2): Green Grape Tomatoes

Were the sizes of the green grape plants any different? Mine for example

>were about 1/3 to 1/5 the height of my other plants but still quite strong >and healthy. They appear to be more of a bush variety, the foliage was >extremely dense and the plants very stocky. The pattern appears to be >repeating again this year.

As I recall, the green grape were nearly as large as the other heirloom plants, certainly at least 1/2 to 2/3. Nothing has been as large as the Sun Golds. However, my garden may very well not be typical; it certainly isn't around here as people are always asking what I do for such huge plants.

I have found that the height and breadth of the plant depends a little bit on where in the garden it grows and how much horse manure (and freshness) as well as how well the watering goes.

> >Out of curiosity are you able to find heirloom vegetable plants at local >retail centers, or do you have to order seeds?

I have gotten my plants from a local nursery that specializes in heirlooms. They do carry others, but their focus is heirlooms. I live near Portland, Oregon; the nursery is located in Ridgefield, Washington, about 15 miles north of Portland, Millennium Farms.

I don't know if I've been any help, but that's my experience.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose