Potassium in the vicinity of potatoes.

Page 3 of 3
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:05:34 GMT, Penelope Periwinkle

I've seen some loony theories before on the Usernet [TM], but this one just about takes the cake. An asteroid dominating the earth for 65 million years? I don't think so.

Yeah! What he said! (Though one has to wonder why he is wasting time on the Usernet [TM] instead of doing something useful like giving mouth-to-mouth resucitation to puppies.)
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:21:29 -0500, Vandy Terre

Yeah? Has that working out for you?
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:21:29 -0500, Vandy Terre

Sorry. I meant to say "How's that working out for you."
As for the posting to unrelated chat rooms, my computer does it automatically.

Spammers ? Where !?!?!?!!!!1111?one
Oh, you mean people who xpost ! I thought someone was trying sell V1agRa or something, and was all ready with a witty reply as to why a good portion of the readers would not be interested, and those that might be certainly wouldn't want the rest of the world (or at least that part reached by usenet) to know about it.
Of course, you are also implying that no one on either group posted to is interested in either gardening or alternate religions, and that would be just wrong, as I, for one, might hold an interest in both. And maybe at the same time.
--
TeaLady (mari)

"The principle of Race is meant to embody and express the
On 2007-02-11, R M. Watkin wrote:

What armaments have you been using to shoot at this dross?
--
Lisp: You shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with
which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with
Adam Funk wrote:

Is it Dross Season already?
And me without my camouflage waders!
Also: My newsreader says alt.english.usage doesn't exist. So there!
--

-=[ THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY NOT BLANK ]=-

Your newsreader is wrong. You'll find a.e.u archived at groups/google
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=alt.english+usage&qt_s=Search+Groups
Janet
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:37:31 -0000, "R M. Watkin"

Having some trouble with the concept of a rhetorical question?

Me? No, I ... oh, no, wait, are you ... uh.
As you were.
-jwgh
--
"Only in America could something like that not happen in America."
-- Matt McIrvin, 29 November 2005

This is unadulterated crap! If you can truly PROVE that potassium nitrate in a hermetically sealed glass tube leaning against a potato plant stem increases the potassium content of the potatoes, while an empty tube of the same nature does not, you would be a shoo-in for a Nobel prize in chemistry! Moreover, explaining how that works would put you alongside Lavoisier as one of the most famous chemists of all time.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

I must admit it does seem close to impossible, but then I am not chemist.
Richard M. Watkin.
On 2007-02-11, Salmon Egg wrote:

I agree.
I was surprised to read this in a respectable-looking book printed (English translation 1947) long before every kook could publish on the interweb or the usernet.
--
You can drown in a bathtub with an inch of water in it, and you can
easily write a completely unreadable and unmaintainable program in a

Actually, it wasn't potassium. It was plutonium. And it wasn't PU239. It was Archimedes Plutonium. What really happened (upon careful reanalysis) was that Archie was eating all the bugs. No wonder the plants were flourishing. Plus the occasional 'accident' added excellent (if somewhat unsanitary) fertilizer to the area. But we're all wondering now, how the heck can we get him out of Idaho and back to Darmouth. The dishes are piling up back there, anyway.

On 2/20/07 8:12 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com, "user923005"

The gives new meaning to Archie Poo.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.
["Followup-To:" header set to alt.religion.kibology.] On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:42:26 GMT, Salmon Egg

And it wasn't a rock. It was a rock lobster.
--
The meek shall inherit the earth -- they are too weak to refuse.

On 2007-02-28, Bill Marcum wrote:

But where were the Paper Tiger and Scissors Lizard when this happened?
--
Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp
out of the blue, no explanation.

Archie Pu had already gotten Paper Tiger to chase him around the little shrublets until Paper Tiger churned himself into butter! which Archie Pu spread on Scissors Lizard before eating him all up!
Moral of the Story:
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS
The Ennud
Dr. Hot"Don't sprinkle me on no damn lizard"Salt
On 2007-02-21, user923005 wrote:

Maybe the copy I looked at was a bad translation. Thanks for clarifying that.
--
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right