Potassium in the vicinity of potatoes.

Page 1 of 3
E Pfeiffer, _Soil fertility, renewal & preservation: bio-dynamic farming and gardening_:
Brehmer reports that potassium in the vicinity of potatoes --- separated by an air space from the containers in which the plants are growing --- was able to increase the growth and the potassium content of the potatoes. Stoklasa shows that potassium (in sealed test-tubes hung over growing plants) alters the rate of growth of the plants. We should like to add that we have been able to make this experiment, the validity of which we are able to confirm by having obtained corresponding results. Ried shows that the presence of potassium and other salts in the vicinity of animals can have a far-reaching influence on their growth and above all on their reproduction. And there are numberless experiments which demonstrate the influence of irradiated and non-irradiated metals, in their effects at a distance upon the development of bacteria cultures.
Has anyone tried this recently?
--
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
Hi All,

R M. Watkin wrote:

Please to be explaining why you are unable to edit the posts to which you are replying.
Matthew
--
I'm a contractor. If you want an opinion I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?

Uh, tough winter, huh? I mean, I enjoy a good donnybrook as well as the next person but maybe we could just snip the "diss" out of disfunctional, pull up our socks, and get on with the gardening.
If not, I go and get a Guinness and wait for you to come back to your senses.
- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum
[snipes]
No cluons were harmed when R M. Watkin wrote:

This is simply not true. Some of us always snipe at the excess dross. Others, like me, snipe at dross even when it is not in excess. Many people snipe simply to be sniping. I don't know how many snipers actually own the requisite sniper rifles, so I won't hazard a guess, but there are probably enough to trim down the number of top posters and dross posters.

What if the whole post only comes up to your ankles? Is this still wading? Or does the post have to come up to your waist to be considered as wading? What if the post is so noxious as to dissolve reinforced concrete - does top posting matter if you refuse to wade in at all?
As for help, I would hope someone would throw me a line and pull me out if I waded in too deeply and found myself unable to make my way back to the firm solidity of Terra Usenetta. If that person used the line to drag me under, however, it might be funny, but would not be very helpful...
Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:41:46 -0000, Mark Edwards

*swoon*
*thud*
Penelope
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:02:22 GMT, Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Penelope, just don't go on a snipe hunt with Mark.
-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

The reason that people top post is because they are too damn lazy to snip the irrevelant portions of the message to which they are responding.

This does not happen when posters follow net etiquette.

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric study identifying the various other social disfunctionalities associated with people who top-post to newsgroups.
Dick
On 2/11/07 12:23 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, "Dick

Compared to the nuclear weapon development in Iran, top posting is pretty minor.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.
<top posting snipers>

Compared to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs after 65 million years of dominating the earth, nuclear weapon development in Iran is pretty minor.
Penelope

Anybody other than the good Doctroid posting from the snow belt?
Also, is there a newsgroup rec.vegetarians.edible?
--oTTo--
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:07:29 -0500, Otto Bahn wrote:

Up until last week, but the meteorologists say Lake Erie is *finally* iced over, so no more lake effect storms here! Lake Ontario is the culprit over Oswego County.
-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

IFYPFY.

Either that or Tamara started drinking again.
(Yeah, right. Erie is south of Ontario.)
--oTTo--

I wuv that show. Especially in Cleveland where it's on the lake AND the roads. (Note: Cleveland drivers know how to drive on snow/ice just fine, but do it assuming -you- do too, in cars held together with duct tape and iPod wires, at 20mph over the speed limit. This causes wackiness qualitatively different from the Southern "O NOES IT'S ICE!" "O RLY?? TO THE GROCERY STORE, MUST STOCK UP ON TOILET PAPER AND MILK!" wackiness.)
Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from snipped-for-privacy@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower
snipped-for-privacy@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) wrote in wrote

Feh. Not any more they don't. Why, just this morning, in fairly not-blizzarding conditions, with clear and clean roads, the bozos-on-ice were going all of 35-40 mph. With rare bursts to 45 mph. And coming home ? In a blizzard ? with low visibility and slush and blowing snow and ice all over ? and invisible lane lines ? They were doing 75 ! So maybe yeah, we can drive on -ice-, just not plain old pavement.
--
TeaLady (mari)

"The principle of Race is meant to embody and express the
wrote

You be wrong, per Channel 8 (Cleveland)(or was that the Clveland Plain Dealer ?)(it were someone local, at least, and news-ish). Huron is sending us wet gooey masses of snow. And Lake Effect is just a term for "We aren't sure how much will fall before it stops or where it will fall so we will make up this here cute name for GO SOUTH OR FREEZE YOU IDIOTS"
--
TeaLady (mari)

"The principle of Race is meant to embody and express the
TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:

Patience will be rewarded. 2006 was the hottest year on record in the US, and the fifth hottest year in the world on record (following only 1998, 2002, 2003 and 2005). The past 9 years have all been among the 25 warmest years on record for the continental US. Every single year since 1993 has been in the top 20 warmest years on record, globally. Researchers predict that temperatures worldwide will increase between 2 and 8 degrees by the end of the century.
So, my advice is to stay put and wait it out.

Well, duh, why do you think we got all this lake effect snow? Hot weather -> lake warms up -> lake stays warmer than usual -> cold air blows across it -> WACKINESS ENSUES.
It's the price we pay for being able to be out in shorts and a t shirt in early January.
--
- Doctroid Doctroid Holmes
It's too confused to make sense, so let's make nonsense.
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:05:02 -0500, Doctroid wrote:

Yeah, and clement summer weather, too. Baseball starts in 43 days.
-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula

On 14 Feb 2007 01:07:37 GMT, TeaLady (Mari C.) wrote:

<snip>
HAW HAW, you get two lake effects, you looZ3rs! The loony ice fishermen were herded off Erie yesterday; perhaps we could send 'em out on Huron?! And lake effect snowstorms usually strike below Buffalo and 30 miles north of me, so I'm just getting a good old-fashioned snowfall.
Would you like me to send the St. Bernards west?
-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "My dog ate my gratitude journal." -- Paula