Pointy Cucumbers

What is causing this? MJ

When I have asked in previous years, the most likely answer was incomplete pollination. Inconsistent watering was another suggestion.
My cucumbers just started blooming, but I transplanted some of my extra zinnias to the vegetable garden this weekend. That should help increase the pollinator traffic.
--
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the
last resort of the scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened

growth, to much water and sunshine can cause short fat, pointy cukes. Gardening is, at best, a roll of the dice when it comes to weather. Pointy cukes are still edible, they just ain't purty.