Pink dogwood and Fruit trees

Hi everyone need some help. I have a couple pink dogwood trees and a dwarf apple tree that is getting a white scaley type stuff on the bark. Is this something I should be worried about ? Is there anything i can do to get rid of it ? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Ed
Hi Ed, Aside from looking bad, there may be nothing harmful in this growth. You could spray them with general purpose fungicide, like Captan. I sprayed my dwarf apples and dogwoods with lime-sulfer a few weeks ago, to get rid of a potential problem I had last year with leaves turning brown. It may also work for your problem.
Sherwin D.