Ping: Katra - Re: Broccoli Seeds

> Start raising and saving your own seeds whenever possible. ;-) > > Later this spring, I anticipate having a ton of brocolli seeds thanks to > all the beautiful little honey bees!

Parden my ignorance, but where exactly did the seeds come from?

I know that letting the broccoli just proceed and "do it's thing" results in the head opening up into flowers.

But, after those flowers are pollinated, does the plant make a pod full of seeds or something?

Thanks...

Reply to
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Yes... that is exactly what they are doing! :-) They spread out and up, and are opening up into linear clusters of pretty little yellow flowers that are attracting honey bees like crazy, and once the flower falls off, they are developing long, slender seed pods. None have matured yet but I have high hopes of getting viable seeds.

This should be interesting....

Welcome! :-)

Reply to
Katra