Ping: Katra - Re: Broccoli Seeds

In article <KatraMungBean-
snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net says...

Parden my ignorance, but where exactly did the seeds come from?
I know that letting the broccoli just proceed and "do it's thing" results in the head opening up into flowers.
But, after those flowers are pollinated, does the plant make a pod full of seeds or something?
Thanks...
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Yes... that is exactly what they are doing! :-) They spread out and up, and are opening up into linear clusters of pretty little yellow flowers that are attracting honey bees like crazy, and once the flower falls off, they are developing long, slender seed pods. None have matured yet but I have high hopes of getting viable seeds.
This should be interesting....

Welcome! :-)
--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the