organic pesticide?

Does anyone now if there is something like organic pesticide? This evening I've found a nasty caterpillar emerging from one of my tomatoes, and drilling into it again! how dreadful! And something looking like a false lady bug eating of the leaves, except the leaves it sat on were drying and almost dead. With tomatoes just beginning to ripen I really don't want to use chemicals. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Andr0 (a new gardener)
Add pictures here
✖
andr0meda wrote:

Safer soap? (I myself use Ivory dish detergent).
Maren
Add pictures here
✖
andr0meda wrote:

Anything you could possibly use is a chemical. Water is a chemical. Organic just means it is derived from natural sources. There are many pesticides derived from plants. Pyrethrin which is made from a type of chrysanthemum is quite common and should work on your beetles but will kill beneficial insects too. BT which is a bacterial spore in a liquid carrier, is usually usually best for caterpillars and generally less likely to hurt beneficials. There are different varieties of BT for different bugs. See http://www.ghorganics.com/Page44.html for a list of organic pesticides. Remember that just because it's organic, it won't poison you if you misuse it. Follow directions and you will be fine.
Lorenzo L. Love http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove
“If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”     Cicero
Add pictures here
✖
Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

That should be "just because it's organic, it won't NOT poison you if you misuse it" Anything can be misused.
Add pictures here
✖
uh...can't you just pick them off? What am I missing? Then no usage of anything except your time.

were
don't
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks! I have, last night. I also think this might be best, but I work all waking hours (almost) but, Hey! Tonight I ate my very first own tomato!!!!!!! split and spotty, but nothing wrong with it. Yuppee!!!!!! Andr0

looking
Add pictures here
✖
Thank you all for your sound advice! It starts making sense to me after reading it all, and a few websites that I found as well. Like this one: http://wiwi.essortment.com/homemadeorgani_renu.htm I will keep an eye on those dreadful bugs, Regards, Andr0
Add pictures here
✖