Orange Tomatoes

For several years Seed Savers sold a medium sized, orange cluster tomato seed. I think it was called the Flamme Jume (sic)or something like that. It was apparently bred for sun drying. I found them to be great for salads.
It is no longer listed in their catalog. My crop failed last year and I have no seed.
Can some one recommend a source?

Close but no cigar.
<http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/product.aspx?scommand=search&search=c luster%2btomato&itemp7&category=1&subcategoryP0>
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Flamme #5082 (30 seeds) $2.50 Also know as Jaune Flamme http://www.tomatogrowers.com/orange.htm ------
Flamme-Heirloom Tomato Seeds FlammeTomato Our Price: $2.95 Sale Price: $2.00
Unfortunately, Tomatofest has a $15 minimum purchase. http://store.tomatofest.com/Flamme_Tomato_Seeds_p/tf-0175.htm ------
Jaune Flamme $2.50/pk of 20 seeds http://www.reimerseeds.com/jaune-flamme-tomato.aspx
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars

If you can get a small tomato called Sungold "over there" I can't recommend it too highly. It has a bigger sister called Sungella (not as sweet) but Sungold ..... not much bigger than a quarter .... is the sweetest you will ever taste. My kinds and grandchildren eat them like grapes ... just as well they are such abundant fruiters (Sungold - not the kids!).
Having written the above I recognise that it is unlikely they will be marketed under the same name as "over here" (UK). This link may help as it gives the Latin name rather than the brand name. http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/4390.shtml
HTH
--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Nartker wrote:

Now sure if this helps or not: I few years ago, in mid-winter, I was perusing the sad excuses they had for tomatoes at the grocery store. But the orange "cluster" tomatoes actually smelled like tomatoes! (the red and the yellow ones just like them had no smell at all, just like the Romas and the big slicers.) I bought a few of the orange tomatoes, and they were actually good. I saved the seeds and planted them in the spring and they grew pretty well. Not sure if they came true to the variety but they were close. My wife wouldn't eat them because they were the wrong color so I didn't grow them again or save any seeds.
So you might try buying one at the grocery store and harvesting the seeds. Squeeze the seeds out with some of their jelly, stir in a little water, then let them rot for a few days. Skim, strain, rinse, and dry.
If you want a tomato that is perfect for drying, look for a variety called Principe Borghese (sp?)
Bob