Orange agate?

I picked up a chunk of wood at the Denver Woodworking show that the seller was calling Orange Agate?

Anyone have any idea what this wood is? I can't find any reference on it.

Reply to
william kossack

wskossack asks:

Osage orange? What does it look like?

Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx

Reply to
Charlie Self

Was this wood petrified?

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

It is not osage. I also queried in the turners newsgroup. The best response I got from one wood turner is that it is a new wood out of peru.

It is orange with nice grain patterns. They had a couple small turned items out of it that seemed to have kept its color sofar but only time will tell.

Much of their stock was crack> wskossack asks:

Reply to
william kossack

Say what you will about petrified wood, it is damn sure dimensionally stable.

--RC (who works it all the time)

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

Could you mean Orange Osage? max

Reply to