Newbie Seeks Advice.

Hello all,
I'm in upstate NY, and would like to start a garden this year of various foods.
Is there a site someone can recommend or book to help get me thru the basics?
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (builderbos) wrote:

Go to http://yp.yahoo.com/ & enter cooperative extension
There is at least one in every NY county. They have loads of literature & local knowledge that can get you going. They might even have some suggestions for locally written books.
Jim
builderbos said:

For Newbies, I recommend the book _Square Foot Gardening_. (Though I think the author is a little over-optimistic when it comes to replanting.single squares.)

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (builderbos) wrote in message

I bought a copy of "The Vegetable Gardener's Bible" and have found it to be very informative. It deals with raised beds, organic methods, all kinds of companion planting tidbits, as well as detailed information on just about any veggie or herb that you're likely to want to plant. It also has a big section on pests and bugs, both good and bad.
I highly recommend it.
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Mark) wrote in message

Thanks to you and the others...I'm taking all the advice to heart. Looking forward to starting.