New use for greenhouse

I need to dehydrate some onions and from experience know that I do not want to do it in the house. It occurred to me that I am not using the greenhouse for anything, it has electricity and will keep the dehydrator out of the rain. Now to get the rest of the onions chopped for freezing and drying.

I think I am also going to make pickles from my zucchini. I will use both green and yellow to make bread and butter pickles. I am also planning to pick some eight ball zukes and make hamburger dills (or as large as I can get into a wide mouth jar) from them.

Back to work in the kitchen since it is so cool and damp outside.

Reply to
The Cook

It's also a great place to let bread dough rise (not in summer, of course), Susan.

Reply to
Frogleg

want to do it in the house.

What does it do to your dehydrator? I've had lots of onions, chives, etc that I've wanted to dry but have been worried about permanently odor-ifying my dryer.

gabrielle

Reply to
gabrielle