Mushrooms !

I found some interesting 'shrooms today in my "yard" - actually a clearing on my land in north central Arkansas . It's about 3" diameter and 4" tall , shaped like a trumpet , and a very pretty orange color on top , white underside . No gills visible , and the stem flows smoothly into the trumpet shape . I looked a bit online but couldn't find one that looks exactly like this ... I'm not going to eat it but would like an idea what it might be . I can take some digital pics of it if someone wants to try to identify it .

>We've moved ! Though I'll be "commuting " to Memphis to >>work several days a week , I now call Stone County Arkansas home .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Find a mycologist to help you (univerity, or club) . If it has pores instead of gills, it MAY be a boletus, but first know you are right, then go ahead.

Reply to
Billy

Get your WILL up to date before you eat "those" mushrooms??? as you may not get the chance to do so later.

Reply to
Roy

As a follow-up check this site out.

informative and helpful...might save your life as well.

Reply to
Roy

Thanks for the link , Roy . As far as eating wild mushrooms , I won't be doing that until I'm *CERTAIN* that they aren't of the poisonous variety . At the very least I'll show photos of any I find to someone qualified to identify them . I'm hoping to hook up with some folks from the area to gain some experience of what's growing in the area , and what's edible of the local varieties . -- Snag Learning keeps you young !

Reply to
Snag

If you are truely interested search for a local group. I know there is a Missouri Mycological Society.

Reply to
Steve Peek

If you are truely interested search for a local group. I know there is a Missouri Mycological Society.

I'm pretty sure there's one more local , but right now I have other priorities - like getting my shop and tools moved up here from Memphis Tn. Gotta make a livin' ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs