Mushrooms !

I found some interesting 'shrooms today in my "yard" - actually a clearing on my land in north central Arkansas <Stone County> . It's about 3" diameter and 4" tall , shaped like a trumpet , and a very pretty orange color on top , white underside . No gills visible , and the stem flows smoothly into the trumpet shape . I looked a bit online but couldn't find one that looks exactly like this ... I'm not going to eat it <yet!> but would like an idea what it might be . I can take some digital pics of it if someone wants to try to identify it .

-- Thanks ! Snag , wannabe 'shroom hunter ..

Find a mycologist to help you (univerity, or club) . If it has pores instead of gills, it MAY be a boletus, but first know you are right, then go ahead.
--
Welcome to the New America.
<

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:29:56 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:

Get your WILL up to date before you eat "those" mushrooms??? as you may not get the chance to do so later.
On Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:30:04 PM UTC-6, Roy wrote:

As a follow-up check this site out.
http://mushroom-collecting.com/mushroomchanterelle.html
Very informative and helpful...might save your life as well.
Roy wrote:

Thanks for the link , Roy . As far as eating wild mushrooms , I won't be doing that until I'm *CERTAIN* that they aren't of the poisonous variety . At the very least I'll show photos of any I find <on my own> to someone <local> qualified to identify them . I'm hoping to hook up with some folks from the area to gain some experience of what's growing in the area , and what's edible of the local varieties . -- Snag Learning keeps you young !

If you are truely interested search for a local group. I know there is a Missouri Mycological Society.

If you are truely interested search for a local group. I know there is a Missouri Mycological Society.
I'm pretty sure there's one more local , but right now I have other priorities - like getting my shop and tools moved up here from Memphis Tn. Gotta make a livin' ...
--
Snag