Lettuce Question

Hi everyone! This is my first year gardening, and I have a beautiful crop of lettuce growing! Grand Rapid, Romaine and Mesclun. Just wondering proper harvesting guidelines. I know it needs to come out, I have heard you cut it right at the base and more should come back, is that correct? Please advise.
Jackee wrote:

I just cut what I need near low on the stem and leave the rest of the plant growing to produce more. I'm growing grand rapid, mesclun, corn salad, and bristo mix. Bristo mix is similar to mesclun but with less variety.
Thanks for the input, we had a wonderful buttercruch and mesclin salad tonight!!!
"Jackee" <not available> wrote in message

it
advise.