Late blight resistant tomatoes

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:08:49 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

I sprayed last year but I wasn't happy about it. I managed to arrest the blight enough so that I got some tomatoes but growing your own fungicide covered tomatoes defeats the purpose of having a home garden.
I've ordered seeds this year. Last year's massive late blight infestation was blamed on the big box stores selling tainted plants. I bought plants from both of them as well as from local garden supply stores. This year I'm going to do everything from seed.
I've ordered a packet of Legends as well as several heirloom varieties, Black Sea Man Tomato, Organic Yellow Pear, and Italian Grape.