Is a Big Hunk of Steak Worth Almost 2,000 Gallons of Water?

Page 9 of 13
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:52:14 -0700, "Zootal"

Sorry, I really don't care about your specifics and am not offended, as much as you seem to hope I am offended. Is that your desire, to offend those with "liberal" tendencies? Good luck, George. ;-)
Thanks for playing.
Charlie
<snip>

Hmm...I re-read my posts, and I don't see anything that indicates that I hoped to offend you, so I'm not quite sure how you made that connection. I had no such hopes. I don't "hope" to offend those that disagree with me ideologically, but I am aware that it happens. Quite honestly, I neither avoid such a situation, nor do I go out of my way to cause it to happen. It's inevitable for anyone with strong ideological beliefs. I don't apologize for it when it happens, any more then I apologize for what I know and believe.
But what really hurts is when someone says they don't care...I'm cut to the quick...I'm going to eat worms...I might even cry....
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:25:49 -0700, "Zootal"

My mistake, you are correct.
Ideological beliefs. Thank you for this, I find it helpful in my understanding.

Wait...please don't forget your shovel with which to dig your own grave after eating worms....
Still sitting at your keyboard waiting for this response? ;-)
Charlie

No, I went to bed after posting :-)
At my age I live with one foot in the grave, I dug it years ago...

Hell, I don't even buy green bananas anymore.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Hmmmmm. I've noted that those who possess the strongest "idealogical beliefs" are those who think that they can continue to burn it up, use it up and chuck it out and are the first to complain about the rising cost of fuel.
This sort of ideaology is based on accepted political and economic theory and it's becoming increasingly evident that this idealogy is failing.

Charlie, I got a question. Is an anarchist a liberal or a conservative? Just tryin' to visualize my place in the world while I still have one ;o)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Billy wrote:

That would be a radical Libertarian. I think.
The more interesting question is, is the Antichrist a liberal or a conservative? ;-)
Bob

LOL!!!
--
Peace! Om

You're not leaving much room for agnostics and atheists but as far as I know he ran as a Republican ;O))
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Bill who thinks the issue is directly tied to self esteem. If I think of myself poorly it is difficult to think of the other well. This is very useful for governments inclined to war. See the book Faces of the Enemy. Bugs me that all these books bantered about are not on the school curriculum and are hard to find and forget mass media.
<http://archive.peacemagazine.org/v04n4p23.htm For a review.
<(Amazon.com product link shortened) 2504673/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid17267138&sr=1-2>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy>
Anarchy (from Greek: ??????? anarcha, "without ruler") may refer to any of the following: ? "Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder."[1] ? "A theoretical social state in which there is no governing person or body of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."[2] ? "Absence or non-recognition of authority and order in any given sphere."[3] It should be noted that "ruler," if used in the context of the third bullet point, has no explicit connection to the term "rules." In an anarchy, as defined by the last bullet point, it is possible to have rules (laws), however, these must be agreed upon by the participants in the system, and not imposed from above, by a ruler (leader, authority). Some languages, such as Norwegian[4] have two separate words for the two meanings. A state, free from coercive authority of any kind, is the goal of proponents of the political philosophy of anarchism (anarchists).
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

In article

IME, I've seen anarchists in both liberal and conservative roles, but more of them seem to be conservatives.
Liberals like "big daddy" to take care of them so few of them are going to be anarchists... But I think a lot of them are atheists. <g>
--
Peace! Om

But conservatives are always sayin' they want to shrink any regulatory bodies and that liber-als want cradle to grave big government. Whereas theists believe in a cradle to grave regulatory body (up-stairs) and atheists deny a regulatory body. So, IF we were cosistent, conservatives would be atheists and liber-als would be theists.
You know, dealing with people is kind of like pushing a string. <g> right back at cha';-)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

<lol>!
--
Peace! Om

That's me

Like the Berrigan brothers
cheers
oz
In article

I'm more of a centrist, and I'm a Pantheist.
And not an anarchist. Even in an Anarchy, the strongest tend to be the leaders.
Other than Usenet, I know of no social group that is a true anarchy. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Which is more important, human rights or property rights? Does the right to property trump the right of humanity (clean air, water, food, shelter, clothing and, education, free speech, and employment)? The Berrigans believed in human rights first.

I thought that Pantheists were only centrists in California ;o)

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

<http://scripturetext.com/isaiah/2-4.htm
Seemed on topic.
Bill heck I might even read Isaiah now that it of free will.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

In article

Looks like the promised land from here :o))

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Ok. :-) Now we just have to convince the middle east to do that. And the chinese...
--
Peace! Om