How long does it take zucchinis flowers to open?

I bought my zucchinni plant from the market about 1 month ago. It is now fairly big. There are a lot of flowers but none of them seem to be open. Its been this way for over a week now.
Ottawa wrote:

Ah but you are missing a delicacy of stuffed zucchini flowers. But wait and see what they do. It could be your zucchini plant is just a little young. Trust me, you will be back here wondering what do do with all the zucchini. On plant can produce quite a lot! I have two outside and one in the greenhouse. The zucchini on the plant in the greenhouse is almost ready for picking (6" - 8") at my preferred size. Look at the stem end of each flower. Is it enlarged? If so, don't worry about it as that is the female flower and the one to make the actual zucchini. If there is no swelling, that is the male flower and will likely drop off. Use the male flowers for stuffed zucchini flowers.

The flowers open in the morning. Are you going out to the garden later in the day?
That is exactly the same thing I thought. You may be going out at th
wrong time of day to see them open.
TQ Wrote:

-- Maryc
I"m out int he morning, afternoon, evening. As for male and femel flowers. The male has a skinnier stem right? The female looks like it has a thicker part about 1 cm long growing right behind the flower right?

That is right about the male and female flowers.
Ottawa Wrote:

-- Maryc
Don/t know why your flowers are behaving the way they are, but yes, the male flowers are on sticks and the female flowers have thicker parts below (which mature into the fruit youpick).

later
Yeah, I"m confused too but maybe I am just missing them when they open. It looks as though one of my female has a thing growing behind the flower though so that's good.
"TQ" <ToweringQs AT adelphia.net> wrote in message

is