How I am planning my summer.

Last years harvest was horrible. I neglected my garden and plants because of my retirement and working extra hours training my replacement. This year I want to make the yard look better. Nothing extra in terms of plants.
I am going to rip up all plastic border materials and toss them into trash. I will go with natural borders using a half moon spade. I got a book on making ones own concrete garden ornaments and hypertufas. My intentions is making my own custom made patio blocks for pathways ( this is an experiment and short lived since money is tight this year ).
Next month Bessy will have her calf and I will learn all about making my own cheese, yogurt and ice cream. Cheese making equipment is not cheap, I hope it is not a wallet breaker. The way food prices are now with high gas prices, I may be in good shape for the coming years.
I will continue my personal studies on mathematics and get some books on computer modeling techniques. This is how I am planning my summer.

Go online to www.winepress.net . It's mostly winemaking, but they do have a cheesemaking group with some knowledgeable people there.
actually it's www.winepress.us

varmints?
Planters, Birdbaths, Sculpture & More by Sherrie Warner Hunter"? <(Amazon.com product link shortened) 79905854/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid02546411&sr=1-2>

What do you do if Bessy's baby is a bull? Any pot roasts in your future?

Don't forget to go swimin', and smell the roses.

"I guess a good gardener always starts as a good weeder." - Amos Pettingill, clergyman, 1780 - 1830
--
- Billy
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in

Three areas for veggies, the fenced in area is about 50x50 feet for canning, there are no raised beds here good soil. Another area is about 150x75 feet unfenced for corn and extra canning foods, six 4x24 raised beds in this area. Soil is mostly clay and in bad shape here but getting better. A kitchen garden box close to my back deck is about 4x12 feet is the salad garden box. In the back fields about two acres of dent corn and three apple trees.

For gardening to create natural boards between the flower beds and the lawn. unless I am missing something here about varmints? It is a half circle cutting/trench tool for landscaping.

Yep that is the book. Do have that book also? I have not yet made anything from it yet. Does the formulas work? I wonder if the concrete holds up during the cold winters? I wonder if I would be wasting my time and money on this.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk's_spade> a.k.a. Crescent Moon Spade.

stuff. I'll get back to it, when I've ploughed through my present reading list.
And then there are:
Making Bentwood Trellises, Arbors, Gates & Fences (Rustic Home Series) (Paperback) by Jim Long (Amazon.com product link shortened) 1X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid72814682&sr=1-1
The Australian Decks and Pergolas Construction Manual 2nd Edition (Paperback) by Allan Staines (Amazon.com product link shortened) 7521710X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid47443124&sr=1-1
I found the first one in the local library, which doesn't have the second one. In "Making Bentwood Trellises", I copied the directions for making a trellis, but haven't actualized it yet.

your wallet.

looked like a bowling ball, and could do one arm cartwheels. Intercourse them, if they can't take a joke ;O))

I stand corrected, half moon "edger" for the flower beds around the house.

Another soul like me addicted to books, I feel your pain.

Yes, stainless steel everything from milk containers, cheese presses. Double boilers, home pasteurizer and modified small refrigerator. That is going to one massive learning curve. Perhaps a yogurt machine and ice-cream maker later.

This is a very small world, my instructor was sixty when I took lessons at thirty and he could easily kick my ass. I was stronger but he was faster. Today I just know enough to get my self into trouble.