Growing Indoors... Help!.

Dear all,

I am a design student attempting to create a product which will gro vegetables or herbs indoors i just wanted some feedback regarding:

  1. the use of mirrors in order to attain sufficient sunlight

  1. The exspense and harm to environment when using a lamp

  2. amount of sunlight required in order to grow edible plants indoors

-- Jim Greenfinger

Reply to
Jim Greenfinger

Tomatoes need lots of light, cabbage doesn't need so much. Homes in sunny lands need fewer lamps than those in overcast ones. The south side of a building gets more sun than the north side.

Reply to
none

What? You don't want to know how to bring about world peace?

Reply to
Billy

none"

Reply to
GreenieLeBrun

Reply to
mjciccarel

Reply to
mjciccarel

Now that your thoughts are getting more specific I think those are three nice target areas of knowledge that a design student needs to know about and could find out about in fairly standard references. Go for it!

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Reply to
GreenieLeBrun

You'll need to research what types of plants you want to grow in this product of yours.

There are already cheap and some free terrariums that will grow things like sweet potatoes, very easy. they dont take up much space and are easy to maintain.

Reply to
LordStormslove