growing veg indoors

I live in a flat and fancy having a go at growing veg indoors i

pots,what veg can be grown this way i have no garden. never grown ve before but fancy having a go this year

-- sneaks

Reply to
sneaks

Your situation seems to call out for a small hydroponics setup. It would also help to have lights for photosynthesis. I would recommend starting with a single General Hydroponics Water Farm. (I am not a shill for GH) You can put it together yourself but the Water Farm is a complete unit, except for the seed and lights. It would really save you a lot of grief the first time around. It would take up about a square foot of floor space. The likelihood of spillage is present. That should let you grow a significant number of tomatoes.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Buy yourself a tomato plant. Large bucket. Avoid moneymaker and try one of the more unusual varieties. Tigerella by personal preference YMMV. Grow it on the balcony or near a window.

HTH

Dave

Reply to
someone here

For plants you can't kill, go with herbs. They are weeds in their native lands, ones that happen to taste good and be non-toxic.

For starting from seeds, go with big seeds not small ones. Legumes - beans, peas and such. Easy to sprout in a glass, easy to transplant into a bucket.

Reply to
Doug Freyburger

Reply to
lynnep49

If you have 6 hours of sunlight a day you can grow a wide variety of herbs and veggies, I have grown cherry tomatoes, basil, green beans and thyme in containers in living room window. If you do not have sufficent sunlight you will need artifical light or rely on sprouting.

Reply to
permafrog

I agree, herbs are a good place to start and success is virtuall guaranteed as long as there is plenty of light, some warmth and the are well watered. Try sage (large seeds, quick germination but needs large-ish pot eventually). Also Dill, Corriander and Parsley will d well in pots and all will be happy in standard multi-purpose compost Peppers are worth a try as well but need to be kept well watered and i a sunny position

-- chrisannandsam

Reply to
chrisannandsam