Grape seeds

I friend of mine gave me a bunch of grape (muskadine(sp)?) seeds, I have tried on several occasions to get them to grow with no success, any ideas?
--
It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly
American criminal class except Congress.

Troll? Grinch?
=;-)8
European grapes (Vitis Vinifera) are subject to a disease called phyloxera (Greek for "dry-root"), so that the plants probably would not have survived, even had they germinated. Cultivated grapes are either phyloxera-resistant hybrids with American grapes (which are from a different genus) or are grafted onto American rootstock.
If you want to grow grapes, you can buy either of the above solutions, and plant two-year old plants, which will yield fruit much faster, and (more importantly) will survive.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on
It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly
American criminal class except Congress.
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 03:18:54 UTC, "BattleTroll"

You still need to graft the cutting onto a suitable rootstock.
Do a Google search on "viticulture" and another on "viniculture", and get lots of good and accurate advice.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on