got given a greenhouse for christmas

one of the cheap ones that doesnt have panelling but uses the softer like... plastic cloth material.

Anyhow, I was wondering, what can be grown in there veg wise, and more specifically what can be growin in there in January since I plan on putting it up then ?

Cheers boys and girls

Reply to
zibafu

Where are you?

David Hare-Scott

oh.. yeah that would help haha

Stockport/Manchester

Reply to
zibafu

You want to grow veges at 54 degrees north in mid winter, where the daily temperature is about 1 to 7 Celcius and you will get 1 to 2 hours of sun daily. My TOTH head estimate is you will not grow much of anything. If you are intent on this select cold tolerant things like brassicas. I have no experience of growing in such chilly places and I defer to those who do on this. Look for a local gardening club where people who actually do this kind of stuff can give you good information.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

The Brits who I know of who do garden seem to use their green houses for starting off seedlings but they do it a lot later in the year. I seem ot recall one mentionign that she started in March or April.

Reply to
Farm1