garlic end game

For onions (and shallots?), I've read that you should "expose the upper 2/3 of the bulb after the stalks start to yellow." Assuming that's a good idea, does the same apply to garlic?
Thanks, George

Garlic sunburns easily, so I wouldn't. Growers who have a lot to harvest generally have some sort of roofed wagon/truck to put the bulbs in as they pull/dig.