Fortrex pole beans

For what its worth, the J. Beetles are attacking ONLY my Fortrex pole beans. I have a number of other lima and green pole bean varieties that are untouched (or uneaten, that is). They seem to prefer them even to roses. The only defense is rather intensive hand picking.
If Japanese Beetles are an item in your area, I would suggest a different variety.