Fall plantings?

Hello again knowledgable prople of rec.gardens.edible. My first attempt at gardenning was OK. I got about
3-4 cucumbers a week from 6 plants, enough chilli peppers from 5 plants, enough spring onions that I could use, half the tomatoes I needed from 6 plants didn't get good yields, about a third of what I need from my two basil plants, more mint than I needed, 6 good ears of corn and 6 bad ears of corn from 6 stalks, about a pound of string beams from 6 vines, 1 good watermelon from 4 plants.
Not good, but not too bad for a first timer I guess. I appreciate all the help and advices I received here in rec.gardens.edible.
Fall is here in Northern VA near DC. What should I be planting veggie wise at this time of year?
Thank you kindly, Wil
Add pictures here
✖
In article

Leafy greens. Spinach, chard, cabbage, etc.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot
✖
You are looking for "cool season" crops; in addition to what Om said, include: cold hardy lettuces, endive, arugula, claytonia, mache.
For my zone, this would all have had to be started back in mid-late August to have anything worthwhile now to Dec.
If you have carrots already planted, mulch 'em and they are supposed to not freeze (stay pull-able) and get tastier as the cold turns their starches to sugar..
Add pictures here
✖
I'm thinking of trying a little container of carrots. Thanks for the hot tip!
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 6, 10:20 pm, snipped-for-privacy@angelcityart.com wrote:

Thank you to all that responded. I've been busy so didn't get around to the Fall planting yet. Maybe this weekend. Hope it isn't too late. I think I'll put downs some lettuce and cabbage. Is it too late to plant carrots? If not, I'll plant them too.
This Summer was my first try and this Fall will also be a first try at Fall planting. Next year I'll be planting a little more than this year.
Thank you all again for helping.
Wil
Add pictures here
✖