Berm Plantings

I have a 500 foot long berm I need to cover that averages 4 ft high. I can get to the top with my riding mower but the sides are too steep and require a push mower or trimmer. Any suggestions on low growing ornamental grasses or plants that will not take over, are attractive, and won't cost me a fortune that I can plant on the sides?

Zone 8, North Texas. 100 degrees today.

Reply to
Mark

"Mark" wrote in news:UHhwe.7757$ snipped-for-privacy@news.cpqcorp.net:

Please consider Texas native short prairie grasses such as 'Blackland Prairie Mix' seen here:

David Bockman

Ground covers such as Pachysandra, Myrtle or Sweet Woodruff. It will take a few years to get full coverage.

Reply to
Stubby