Edible Landscaping - what to plant northside?

Hello,
I would like to try Edible Landscaping this year, living in Zone 7. My north side is the largest area for planting but what sort of veggies can take a north planting? Any suggestions?
Emma
Andy comments:
I'm no expert, but the main thing is to give the veggies "yuppee" names so your SO, or neighbors, won't know what you are doing.
For instance, summer squash, which is beautiful with large yellow flowers, is called "Scandinavian Sunset Plant"
Okra, which is tall, green and beautiful large white flowers, becomes "Japanese Orchid Plant "
Cucumbers and cantalope, which have spreading vines with large green leaves that can be made to grow on vertical trellisses is called " Asian Climbing Ivy"
But remember, you have to remember to pick the veggies off before anyone sees them.......
I was late picking from my own Scandanavian Sunset plant one morning last summer, and my wife figured out I had vegetables growing in the front yard. I can't do that any more.....
Andy in Eureka, Texas

Now *that* made me laugh! What a great idea. I love it. Thanks so much :-)) Emma
snipped-for-privacy@gardenmouse.com wrote:

By north side, do you mean north facing? If so, how many hours of sunlight does it get (summer and winter).
In general, blueberries, rhubarb, artichokes, rosemary, and sage spring to mind. Google "edible landscaping" for more ideas. http://www.efn.org/~bsharvy/edible.html looked good to me.
Billy Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1031285.html

In article

Herbs always make for excellent edible landscaping. ;-) They are often drought tolerant too.
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweepter. Once." -- Anonymous