Eco-friendly growing medium

Coirpith, an eco-friendly growing medium

Coirpith is a waste material from the coir industry and is ideal for gardening and horticultural needs. Coir pith is also known as coco peat or coir dust. This homogenous material composed of millions of capillary micro-sponges, absorb and hold water up to eight times it's own weight.

Vayalar Coirpith Products is a leading producer and exporter of coir pith products in South India . They produce coir pith blocks and coir pith grow bags with low and high and high EC as per client specifications.You may them at

coirpith

How can wee get it cheap? The best I have been able to do is a somewhat smallish brick at the 99¢ store. What if I wanted 20 pounds or 10 kilos?

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

*smacks Bill with a rolled up newspaper*

Bad boy! Bad boy!

Do not encourage the spammers!

Next time we'll put you in your crate.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

g'day salmon egg,

surely mushroom compost from a mushroom farm would be more economical, as it comes ready to use the way i use it, can't see coir stuff having much in the line of nutrients in it?

funny in some industries hey they create a bi-product that normally they have to pay to have disposed of then they try to find a market for the stuff so save costs but then they charge and arm and a leg for the stuff, talk about wanting their cake and eating it too??

we get 16 kilogram (i think) bags of it over here for $2.50AUD

snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

gardenlen

I didn't realize I was encouraging spam

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

That sounds like a good price.

I do not need plant nutrition. My use of coir is as a part root medium for hydroponics. All the nutrition is applied with totally (well almost) inorganic chemicals. I believe hydroponics is popular in .au land.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

g'day bill,

ther seems to be a fair following of hydroponics over here.

for me it's just not naturally organic enough, and if all things go wrong probably not that sustainable as it is a false medium used for growing, but for those with very limited space and noi garden area i can see the benefits.

snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

gardenlen

I am not a great fan of organic gardening. Unless you do "green energy" exclusively, you are using fossil fuel energy in various ways. You might as well use it to produce the inorganic chemicals plants thrive on. I will stake (no pun intended) for taste against any grown by "organic" methods.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg