Cross-pollinate Corn Sunflower

I have heard that Corn and Sunflower will Cross-Pollinate. Have any of you ever heard of such? Thanks in advance for your emails to snipped-for-privacy@icehouse.net.
Kevin
-

I don't think that is possible... AFAIK, unrelated genera cannot cross-pollinate. Only species in the same genus, and sometimes not even then.
One is a monocot, the other is a dicot. They are not even in the same family.
Where did you hear this?
--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the
Katra wrote:

Heard it yesterday, maybe?
BOB
I heard it from a friend at work here in Idaho who use to farm for a living. When she told me, I scratched my head in disbelief. Others did some scratchin' too when I asked them about it.

-
I'd guess you'd get Sunflower Seed on the Cob, heh?
-- Jim Carlock Please post replies to newsgroup.
I heard it from a friend at work here in Idaho who use to farm for a living. When she told me, I scratched my head in disbelief. Others did some scratchin' too when I asked them about it.

-
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:18:56 GMT, "Jim Carlock"

No, no, no...you'd get corn flowers!
Penelope, corn and sunflowers *must* cross pollinate, because cornflowers grow wild around here.
Lol :0)

Impossible

extincted wrote:

Absolutely!
Well, looks like my corn will be getting a nice view of some big ol' flowers then. Thanks to all.
Kevin

-
G'day JandK23,
It wasn't April 1st when she told you was it ?
China Wingham NSW 065
No, not 04/01. I had to think about that for a bit.

-