Concord Grapes/when to plant

    When is the time to plant concord grapes and how long do they take to produce an edible product?

I planted my Concord grapes last spring (March) and this year (2nd) we had bunches the size of your hand.
Craig Raleigh, NC
I would plant them this fall. I do it before the first frost, but after the extremely hot days. I was told that doing it that way would allow the roots to become established over winter.
Dwayne