Concord grapes

HA>>My concard grape arbor is produceing much leaf growth, HA>>but very very few grapes

HA>Probably needs more phosphates. Nitrates the first number in a HA>fertilizer produces lots of green. That is why lawn fertilizers have HA>a higher first number, but fruits and flowers like a higher middle HA>number which is for phosphorus. I like a high middle number like HA>tomato stakes 6-12-6 for flowering plants. I can't always get an HA>exact 1-2-1 type, but have to settle for something close depending on HA>the quantity and type I need. The third number in fertilizer is HA>potash/potassium and plants need a little of that to properly utilize HA>the other two. I've heard tell that old pecan orchards have been HA>restored to produce again by the addition of potasH

Thanks Hal

The fine print for Peters Professional All Purpase Plant Food

Shows 20% nitrogen, 20% availalable phosphates and 20% soluable potash..

I will shop for some for some phoshates to increase yhe fruiting

Stay young, OldAck

Reply to
THURSTON ACKERMAN

FamilyNet International Newsgate

Thanks, I will try to do better next spring

DR>this year leave the vines until spring, then select vines that are pencil th DR>going DR>3-4 feet in both directions "arms" (or 2 sets, one on the upper fence, one DR>lower DR>down) and leave a vine coming off that every foot (the fingers). cut that l DR>vine DR>to about 3-5 buds. DR>I use the curtain system. my thick heavy standard goes up to 8', the 2 arms DR>out DR>about 3 feet and the vines come off that, hanging down. very productive. DR>every DR>other year or so I select new "arms". Ingrid

DR>"THURST DR>>FamilyNet International Newsgate DR>>

DR>>My concard grape arbor is produceing much leaf growth, DR>>but very very few grapes DR>>

DR>>I cut back rather heavily last year on previous advice DR>>that would prompt more fruiting but 8-( DR>>

DR>>The original planting was about 10 yearsago. DR>>

DR>>How can we manage to produce the fruit we used to please? DR>>

DR>>Stay young, OldAck

DR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DR>List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at DR>

sign up:
Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame DR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DR>I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. DR>I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. DR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DR>Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan DR>--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2 DR> * Origin: Road Runner High Speed Online
(8:8/2003)

Reply to
THURSTON ACKERMAN