brambles...training ?

Are you able to train brambles onto a trellis?
I have moved into a house with loads of bramles against a fence, (a the bottom) and as I have children (one of my own and 2 or mor fostered) I am not keen on the idea of a prickly garden, however we g bramble picking each autumn, so I'm wondering about keeping them, bu making them safe.
Any idea's gratefully received. Thanks
-- Purple Hugs

I've trained them on to trees so I don't see why not. :-)

Give it a shot. You can always kill them later... Personally, I like brambles.
Did not know they were edible??????????

--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet Wrote:

tree's in the garden are too little to be of any use I expect. I'l have a go at training them though. You didn't know they were edible? The fruit? mmm... are we talking sam thing here ? Blackberries / brambles same thing to me, have I got it wrong?
Thanks again
-- Purple Hugs

No, I did not know you were talking about Blackberries! Brambles here in Texas are a type of Liana. Not related.
I have thornless blackberries here that I planted and I tie them to trellis to control them. Works fine!
Cheers!
--
Om.

lol that's regional differences for you eh!?
Thanks, :D
OmManiPadmeOmelet Wrote:

-- Purple Hugs
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

Here's what www.dictionary.com has to say about brambles:

I knew that berries are prickly from picking berries as a small child. I thought brambles comes from the prickers as in definition two. It never occured to me that the origin of the word would go the other way around - berries to thorns vs thorns to berries.