Bell peppers

My bell pepper plants are about a month old. They are healthy and thriving, but they are only about 8" tall.
They are already starting to produce fruit, which I've been pinching off because I don't think they're mature enough to support large peppers yet.
Should I be doing this? Should I also pinch off any blossoms or buds?
I think they need to grow another foot or so before letting them fruit, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not.
What are your thoughts?
Frank
--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.sharpbywarner.com

Let 'em rip, but don't let them mature, yet.
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?