Bell Peppers

I'm trying to do some of the cooking and had a great idea for stirred fried vegetables. My brain went into sticker shock when at $4.99 lb for Orange, Yellow, and Red Bell Peppers. At that price, they are on my "To-Grow" list.

Kale was 99 cents a lb. Enough for four meals only cost

29 cents. At that price, there's no reason to grow it, but it just replaced Lettuce in my house.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Just remember you pay high prices for green house grown ripe peppers in the off season. In most areas of the USA bell peppers ripen in August- September, and at that time locally grown peppers can be much cheaper.

Reply to
farmerdill