Baltimore Heat Wave

It's supposed to be in the low 80's for the next couple of days here in the Baltimore, MD, area. Then a rain front moves through and fall begins, temp s dropping into the upper 50's. No frost in the near forecast, but it's pos sible around here at this time of the year.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

we've also had a nice warm spell here too. yesterday when i checked the forecast there wasn't any more rain for the week. today i look and there are chances for today and then in the middle of the week. close to freezing overnight on Friday. i don't really count it as done until we get a bit closer. especially in the spring and fall when things can be rather chaotic. we've already had a few hard frosts.

cleaning up garden projects when the rains let up enough. i have stuff to bury from the tomatoes, squash and cucumbers and a few dry bean pods to pick but i can't do that if it keeps raining. i have two large gardens done already, one more to go inside the fence and then i can get the others done outside the fence.

redid cement project so it can cure a bit before it gets too cold. looks much better than the one i did last year and will hopefully not crack and come off.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Forecast for our area, NW Harris Cty, TX is 89F. No rain in sight but we had a heavy dew before daylight, at least the fence and the grass were damp. No relief in sight.

Reply to
George Shirley

the Baltimore, MD, area. Then a rain front moves through and fall begins, temps dropping into the upper 50's. No frost in the near forecast, but it's possible around here at this time of the year.

We've had very heavy dews for the past few nights. When the light fog lifte d this morning, the Sun shone on the dewy asparagus plants, giving them an interesting glow.

pg.html

Reply to
Pavel314

the Baltimore, MD, area. Then a rain front moves through and fall begins, temps dropping into the upper 50's. No frost in the near forecast, but it's possible around here at this time of the year.

I did some cement work on Sunday for the same reason; great minds think ali ke.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Pavel314 wrote: ...

what did you work on?

it looks to have cured nicely. i'm letting it dry out now as we have cold nights coming later in the week.

when they poured the slab for the garage they did not slant the front lip where the garage door is at downwards to drain. so at times during heavy rains it has leaked water back into the garage. last year i put a narrow ledge to keep the water out behind the garage door and that mostly worked other than a bit of it did not stick to the slab and so i tried again later but that part was too late and didn't cure right and also did not stick.

the new version i did is much wider and looks to have stuck. also looks much nicer overall. :)

today was beautiful out there, i got the tomato plants buried so that garden area is

2/3rds done. still have to get the cucumber area cleaned up/weeded and all that buried but that will go much more quickly as it is a much smaller area and the soil has already been conditioned well.

songbird

Reply to
songbird