Heat wave Australia

Yesterday on the news they said the heat wave from down South had arrived in parts of Queensland and they had 48.5 c (119.3 f) in one town yesterday.

Hey that would make the air conditioning work hard

//The heat wave enveloping southwest Queensland?s channel country again pushed the mercury to new highs on Saturday, with Thargomindah

enduring a record 48.5C.\\

Birdsville has had 7 consecutive days over 42 with a maximum of 48 c.

Meanwhile, Birdsville is due to swelter through 42-48c degree heat for the seventh consecutive day today.

42 c = 107.6 f 48 c = 118.4
Reply to
<ramrod

I worked at a construction camp in Australia where the temperatures used to get up around 112 f in summer, we found a problem with some 4 ton package units, they kept cutting out on high head pressure, they ran of R22. We change the refrigerant to R 500 (Carene 7) which fixed the problem. Yes, we lost a bit of capacity, but at least they kept running during the heat.

Reply to
<ramrod