Attn: Steve, Billy and others

When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:47:10 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"

Snerk! I'd say this is a perfect site for discourse on the evils of GMO.
-Rick

Strange proteins (re: allergens) may end up being the biggest problem with GMOs.

--
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist."

The Grand Shaman's omnipotent reply:

The problem with us poor unwashed minions billy, is we didn't get picked to be on the personal mission from God. We don't have the tin foil hat advantage your eco-fringely squad does to see all these evils as clearly as you portend.
But do keep defending this "site" as one of yours. I see you already used potatoes as your anchor linkage and diversion.
Would anyone else like Kool-aid while we await the Mother ship?
If the Canadians can teach their HS students, you think we could at least teach our adults. http://tinyurl.com/mjx2xv

has to wonder about what is going into your body,

These films didn't arise from a single source. The BBC produced the "Power of Nightmares", a film about the rise of the neo-cons. "The Future of Food" is on sale at many organic grocery stores. The following is a bibliography of major articles, research, and publications relevant to the issues discussed in The Future of Food: Books Kimbrell, Andrew. Fatal Harvest: The Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture. California: Island Press 2002. Smith, Jeffrey M. Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies About the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You're Eating. Fairfield, IA: Yes! Books 2003. Lapp, Marc, Ph.D. & Bailey, Britt. Against the Grain: Biotechnology and the Corporate Takeover of Your Food. Monroe, ME: Common Courage Press 1998. Fowler, Cary & Mooney, Pat: Shattering: Food, Politics, and The Loss of Genetic Diversity. Tuscon, AZ: The University of Arizona Press 1990. Charles, Daniel: Lords of the Harvest: Biotech, Big Money, and The Future of Food. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Publishing 2001.
As for Media Censorship you need look no further than http://www.projectcensored.org/ .
I can't speak to each of these subjects but I suggest that you make your own inquiries, and make up your own mind, based on the facts that you find, and not just dismiss them based on the fact that Cold Fusion was a hoax.
Can we have a little critical thinking here?