Anyone have any good pear recipes?

We've got probably at least 25lbs of them and I don't know what to do with them all...
--
What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can mine in a light syrup with cinnamon. Simple and delicious! :-)

Hot pears with rocquefort and walnuts
From "Matching food and wine" by Michel Roux Jr.
The recipe calls for 2 pears but they must be huge as I found that the mix was sufficient for 4.
4 ripe pears
120g (~4oz) Rocquefort, crumbled (I used 100g as that was the size of the pre-pack, all I could find). I also think that it would work with Stilton.
60g walnuts, chopped (~2oz) 1 Tbsp crme frache 1 Tbsp port 1 spring onion, chopped S&P (not necessary, IMO)
Cut the pears in half lengthwise and remove the core and stringy bits. Use a melon baller to scoop out the flesh, leaving a couple of millimetres or so to form 8 boats.
Mix the pear pieces with the walnuts and cheese, fold in the crme, port and onion. Fill the boats and bake at 180C for 15 minutes. Brown under hot grill for 2-3 minutes.
I found that they browned nicely in my convection oven.
I cooked them just before the meal so that by the time they were served for "afters", they were warm rather than hot and I think that that is preferable.
He suggests it works as a starter or sweet, admittedly a savoury/sweet. I think that leaving out the onion might be better as a sweet.
For wine, he suggests a sweet wine such as Bonnezeaux, sweet, Oloroso sherry or Tawny Port.
I served it with a Sauternes which also worked beautifully.
Graham

I make wine with mine. Details at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rbfarm/hrushka.html
Paul
Thanks for all the replies, I am looking forward to trying the recipes.

Poached in wine, with cloves, cinnamon. Served with vanilla ice cream. That's nice.
Last week I made pies, like apple pie, but with pears.
Found an old book at a yardsale. I've got a few jars of pear/tomato chutney and pickeled pears. I have no idea.
Last year I found somewhere online a recipie for a spicy pear/tomato jam (trying to use my big crops). Really great on ham sandwiches. Needs the whole canning procedure.
I'm new here, but I'll work on learning the local etiquite.
bulka