Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

compost pile and a backhoe ???
Hi All, Last week I was at a customer's site. Her husband was out back running a full sized backhoe. I asked him later about it and he said he was turning over his "compost pile". His wife later...
4
4

Soup
Going to freeze tonight according to the weather heads. We went ahead and picked as much delicate stuff in the garden that we could. Then a thought hit, how about soup? Cabbage, onion's, tomatoes,...
3
3

Picking the fall garden
Picked a peck of peppers again yesterday. I am still amazed at how long the lone Gypsy plant has been producing. Running up over three years of production and still going. Off to the library for the...

Mo' Rain
So far we have received 2.65 inches of gentle rain over three days and it's still coming down. The sweet peppers and the tomatoes are thoroughly enjoying the water. I can see the cabbage and other...
1
1

Rain
So far we have gotten nearly two inches of rain since midnight. Weather station says much more to come. I can hear it coming down and it sounds pretty heavy at this time. We needed the rain but I fear...
4
4

Derald, like reading old books?
came across this one: happy reading! ;) songbird http://soilandhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/01aglibrary/010174.Gardening.for.the.South.pdf
1
1

Apple Tree: Laxton Superb
I run a small local gardening business in SW England since May 2005. A customer of mine has been complaining that her apple tree, named in title above, has seen the fruit rotting on the branches...

Sweet Peppers
Here it is November 27th and we just picked about half a five-gallon bucket of sweet peppers. Temps yesterday were mid-seventies and it will probably be that temp again. We have three pepper plants...

not a creature was stirring
on TG yet! :) hope everyone has a warm and happy TG today! songbird
6
6

season officially over for me
the beets are picked and that last garden is cleaned up and ready for winter. we'll be pickling them Sunday. today i may take some of the smaller ones and clean them up and steam them for us to eat....
2
2

this fall has been pretty nice so far
i cannot complain in the slightest. :) we are in for a change though from Friday's forecast high of nearly 70F to a high of 37F on Sunday. in the gardens news, i've been working on the 2nd to the last...
3
3

dihaloacetonitriles
Hi All, According to Wikipedia, when you mix humic acid and drinking water chlorine, you get a toxic substance called "dihaloacetonitriles" "Humic and fulvic acids, when present in treated drinking...
3
3

onion planting question
Hi All, My potato onions and shallots ar in the ground. Some of the onions ans shallots were doubles, so I broke them apart. Question: on about 1/3 of the doubles when I broke the apart, I exposed the...
2
2

A month late ...
but our first frost is predicted for tonight . Usually happens in mid-October , this is shaping up to be a weird winter . Hoping for mild weather for about the next 3 weeks , until I get the new...
6
6

Tomato questions?
Hi All, We have has several big wind storm come through and they blew down, rather, bend over some of my wire tomato cages. And we have had several freezing night. Odd, the tomatoes that blew over did...
3
3