Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Stink bugs
If you are not familiar with them yet, they're coming your way. Ruined my peppers last year. |topnews|text|Home
2
2

In the News
Nano foods may go GM way due to lack of awareness: UK FSA Tuesday, April 26, 2011 08:00 IST Manufacturers risk new nanotechnology-based food products being rejected in a similar way to...

Is this Potato diseased?
Hi all, Take a look at this pic - is this a disease on the leaves - all the other shoots are fine and dandy (could it be that I put some soluble fertiliser on it before it popped up?)....
1
1

Peach twins/doubles thinning question
My hale haven peach tree has more "twins" this year than I have ever seen before on any tree. Fully 1/3 of all the peaches on the tree are twins. However, the number of total fruit set is fairly low,...

Using stored rainwater for irrigation?
Hello! Is it recommended (disease safe etc) to use stored rainwater for irrigating vegetable beds? I couldn't guarantee high turnover of the water in the butts, but that obviously depends on the...
4
4

And the Verdict is...
I bought dead strawberry plants . Pulled all I could find yesterday , no sign of root growth , no sign of green on top . I guess if I want berries this year I'll have to buy 'em at the local Kroger ....
9
9

Please help me save my Lemon tree
Hello, I have a Mayer Lemon tree which is around 5 feet tall. I bought it around November last year and since then, the tree produced plenty of loverly smelling flowers that turned into small fruit....
4
4

Too many tomato plants
Hi all, I?m a VERY armature gardener and this year I decided to grow my own tomatoes. I bought 3 seed packets and planted all 3 packets into 3 seed trays. The seedlings have grown and I now have...
4
4

Are these posionous?
Strange question, and perhaps in the wrong place, but I work in a hospital where sometimes people eat things they shouldn't. Should this plant be removed? There is some concern it looks a bit like...
2
2

Potatoes
Hi I have some potatoes growing in a grow bag (this is my first time) I have been told that once the green leaves start showing I should cover them with more compost. Is this true? Any help would be...
1
1

Brussels sprouts - need your input!
Hi everyone, This is a call for anyone interested in growing (and cooking/eating) brussels sprouts. I am a journalism student and over the past few months have been running a series of websites for...
13
13

Found a new plant
I located seeds for Bush Acorn squash, "Table King." I planted 4 seeds yesterday. I am looking forward to a squash plant that does not take over the garden. I can forgive the watermelon and...

Still nothing ...
Strawberries have been in the ground for just over 3 weeks now , still no growth - these were dormant plants , packed in a bundle and buried in dry powdered moss . So today I dug one up, and it looks...
7
7

New garden
going to start a garden. I'm worrying about moles, stink bugs, and critters. I do want to instal cameras around house. It's stink bug he'll right now. I read they would like my pine trees, oh boy....
1
1

Peanut variety for short season?
Probably 25 years ago, I remember growing a few peanut plants up in north central Ohio. I'm down barely into zone 6 now, and just remembered that I promised my son we could grow peanuts this year! I...
1
1