Vent kitchen extractor into chimney

Hi,
I'm trying to find advice on connecting a kitchen extractor fan to an existing chimney. Would I need to line the chimney and would condensation be an issue if I didn't?
Cheers Andy Mc
"andymacca" wrote:

To be on the safe side I would run a duct up the chimney and fit a cowl on the chimney pot. Condensation may be an issue in winter.
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:50:54 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
produced:

Yes, and yes.
The extractor also needs to be capable of pushing the air up to the top. An inline fan won't be enough; you'll need a centrifugal fan.
--
Hugo Nebula