Vax rapide xl ultimate

How do I clean, The front plastic bit what sucks the water up? It looks like 2 plastic panels with screws all the way around, but after removing the screws it looks like it is moulded together.
Every sympathy... but not much help! I've tried a few times to dismantle this thing, so far I use bent piece of wire to extract wedged lumps of cat fur.
Tried taking all the screws out - the manufacturers seem to suscribe to the screw and glue philosophy.
Shame, as it does an excellent cleaning job, but looks a mess itself!

Lol wrote:

soak. Then swill out

Good plan - but not going to work for the bits of cat hair that gets stuck in in mine! Lol