Van written off

My Peugot Partner van has just been written off. 2004 123,00 miles and only worth 1225 on the book price. It was for commercial use. Plainly not my fault as the Dodge Charger pulled out of a car park onto the main road .. he never looked and I smacked him. I am looking for another van (any offers) and also trying to keep the Painting and Decorating business customers happy. Will lose working days for sure. Anyone have the expereince of how I can maximise my claim above the value of the van. It was all signed up .. does that put value on? Cheers
Mike P the 1st
On 05/09/2011 14:38, Mike P the 1st wrote:

Rule is you should be back in the position you were before the incident. Don't know if that covers sign writing!
Beware of accident management firms. They are active in the car world, rent you a car for a stupid rate and when the other insurance co. refuses to pay they bill you for it.
Do you have witnesses? They are gold dust!
Andy
gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

No witnesses but a visit from the Police who were considering whether he had actually committed an offence by his stupidity. The only addition to the van since it was new was that it had been professionally boarded out before I owned it. I assume I can add that on the value?
Mike P the 1st
message

disclosed them when taking out the insurance. The insurance company could say that by not disclosing those items, you have received cheaper insurance, and could reduce the offer, or even refuse the claim.

Indeed, they don't need much of an excuse. And they could, technically, declare the policy void.

All true, of course, although it doesn't appear that he is intending to claim off his own insurance but of that of the other driver. He is entitled not to be disadvantaged in any way by the other driver's negligence - providing, of course, that he can prove it!