Shower Malfuction!

Hi All,
I have a Triton Aquatronic electric shower, about 3 years old. Tonight water is coming out of a plastic pipe just behind the main outlet. The plastic pipe looks as though it goes straight into the heat chamber. I have checked the outlet hose and shower head and neither are blocked.
Before the shower goes down the tip, I was wondering if this is known problem that has an easy fix? Any advice appreciated.
Regards. Bill.

Sounds like you've drained the shower unit and switched it on with no water in it, and melted the thermal safety plug. Simple repair and Triton service is excellent.

many times since. I was wondering if limescale or something may have been dislodged and is blocking something. Come to think of it water was coming from the shower head AND the plastic pipe that I mentioned.
Is there anyway I could safely flush the heater unit or descale it?
Cheers. Bill.
Common prob and simple to fix with part from triton . they have a web site detailing faults and fixes.In my case the shower head was stifled by a hand when working and it overheats and the thermal cutout melts rather than the heating element.Under a tenner I seem to remember. Not a problem. Regards andy

I can't spot the thermal cut!
I have removed the heater and all seems clear (I can blow through the inlets and outlets without problem). I'm sure a tiny little ball came out of the pipe that the plastic tube went over.
Any clues?
Cheers. Bill.

Bill wrote: > I can't spot the thermal cut! > > I have removed the heater and all seems clear (I can blow through the inlets > and outlets without problem). I'm sure a tiny little ball came out of the > pipe that the plastic tube went over. > > Any clues? > > Cheers.
Sounds like a problem I had with a Gainsbourgh shower a few weeks ago, the little ball is a safety device to stop the water overheating, usually pops out when the shower head or tube is blocked or kinked. I refitted the ball ( took ages and I learned new swear words doing it ) worked fine for a few months then the dam heater died :-( -- Mart