Sheds?

Page 2 of 2

On 17/08/09 16:35, Barb wrote:

Are you sure that you can run a freezer in an outdoor shed?
I ask this because I thought that there was an ambient temperature range specified by the manufacturer within which the freezer would run fine but, outwith the range, the freezer will cut out. Over the course of the Seasons, it is almost certain that , in the winter, the shed temperature will fall below the minimum value and, in the summer, exceed the maximum value?
Ed

We have a covered area twixt house and garage known as "The Tunnel" and a fridge and a freezer have been functioning perfectly well in there for over five years. Maybe some freezers have different requirements or, then again, maybe nobody has told the freezers. ;o)
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames
Keith W wrote:

Fridge-freezers are the worst culprits. They only have one "source of cool" IYSWIM, so in extreme temperatures one of the two compartments will be way off.
Andy

Thanks for all the helpful stuff, guys.
This is a small chest freezer, not a fridge-freezer, so should be ok then...worth a try, anyway.
Barb

Based on our "Tunnel" I would definitely go for it.
Keith

Obviously you will want electricity run into the shed. If it is metal, you will not want to cut or drill it. I cut a length of garden hose (about a foot) and set it into the concrete base while we were laying it in a U shape so that one end would come up inside the shed and the other outside. When the concrete set and the shed had been erected I poured hot water into the hose pipe which softened it and made it easy to pull out, leaving a smooth sided tube. Then, with the help of a little Fairy Liquid I threaded in the armoured cable. To make it water tight I sealed the entrances with silicone sealant. Works a treat and has done for 5+ years.
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames
On 17/08/09 16:35, Barb wrote:

and groove from Tiger Shed. You can check them out at:
http://www.tigersheds.com /
They also do metal sheds but I've not brought one from them.
Ed